OH WHAT A LIFE So many choices in this remarkable universe. Grasp at all the possibilities and seize the day, the hour…the moment

Wednesday, June 10, 2009




SOMETHING OLD SOMETHING NEW

We live in a time where there is so many avenues and choices to make. Take a look at some of the things in the past we get to choose from.

What if we, as a world wide community made moral choices, ones which consider our neighbors prior to any action we take. 'All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action' James Russell Lowell

There are certain historical periods, attitudes, and items I wish always to exist, but I do appreciate where we are today. No matter what choices we make we live in a country of freedom, therefore we won't be beheaded or flogged if we wear some odd looking clothes or behave in a manner not becoming. We may be looked upon in a negative way but we won't be arrested.

Although sometimes I think we may be too complacent or afraid to speak out to those behaving badly.

If I had the room I would have a wardrobe of eclectic items.




















Vintage clothes from 20's to the 60's.

But I also love things new. I love that in this day and age I can wear any style of clothes I choose. I can dance any kind of style and not be frowned upon. I may be looked upon as a bit barmy but they won't lock me up for it. We have such a variety of music at our fingertips at any moment in time.










I appreciate it when a man opens a door, pays for a meal or a drink or just watches his language in the presence of a female or apologizes if he slips up, or leads the way when going through a dubious environment. I thank all you men, especially my husband, who have and continue to do these things.

I wish more of the Victorian manners still existed and the capability to converse in the elegant English language that would poetically and politely say to our friends and family or even those we do not like, 'hello how are you'... I admire the way women were revered in the periods of time, such as, in the mere acknowledgment that a lady was in the room or in the presence of a gentleman. This still exists with some good men and I thank you and appreciate it.

However it is a relief that women have the opportunity to have a vote and the capability of providing for herself.



Here are some things I love -

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your sentiment.I am grateful to live in a day and age were authenticity is valued...and yet, I moon for the gentle and thoughtfulness,of yesteryears, with its eloquent speech and actions, of both sexes.
    I like your choices in garb...to have a closet full of clothes, like that of Katherine Hepburn would be just too dreamy.
    Have a charming day my dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your changes.
    I had better hurry up and change or we will be late!
    check it put frank has a blog...Mister Francois
    http://www.misterfrancois.blogspot.com
    Im coming wait for me............

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes frank has one,with tracys help.her idea too

    ReplyDelete

Parents

Parents
Pete and Nora

Sisters

Sisters
Anavet

Listen to some beautiful noise


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



Followers

Children

Children
Jennifer and Scott

Darrel, V and Amy

Darrel, V and Amy
Vietnam

Mo Da

Mo Da
Our little Amy

Travel

Travel
Ha Long Bay

Grandchildren

Grandchildren
little angels

Children

Children
Callandra May and Geoff